GET READY FOR A DAY PACKED WITH EVERYTHING HORTICULTURE!
Open to the public, this annual Anoka County Master Gardener event is a day filled with classes led by talented Master Gardeners and Professional educators and complete with an exhibitor fair open throughout the day.
Keynote speaker Mike Heger, author of Perennials for Cold Climates will begin the day with the opening session “Best Performing Perennials for Cold Climates, Tried and True with a Hint of New”
Other notable speakers include:
- “A Changing Climate and the Best Trees for 2050” by Gary Johnson, professor at the University of Minnesota.
- “Peerless Peonies” by Becky Swenson, owner/grower of over 1000 varieties of peonies.
- “Make & Take Fairy Garden”, a class taught by Deb Kvamme from Hennepin Technical College.
- “Plant Introduction Pipeline” by David Zlesak, professor at the University of Wisconsin-River Falls
- “Growing Heirloom Pumpkins, Gourds and Squash” by John and Jenny Thull, who grow over 300 varieties for the Mn Landscape Arboretum.
- “What Every Minnesotan Should Know about Tick-borne Diseases” by Kate Magnusson
Classes led by Extension Master Gardeners include topics such as: gardening with bulbs, growing herbs, growing orchids, vertical gardening, landscaping with ferns & sedges, shoreline restoration with native plants, plants for pollinators, watering wisely and container gardening.
Download Brochure for more information and registration form.
Need more Information? 763-755-1280